Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally - Brina is here!















Well! Where to start?! :)

We had our little girl Brina Annalee McKee on Monday, 10 May 2010! We went in to see my doctor for a regularly scheduled 38 week appointment. He saw in the ultrasound that her head was indeed in the birth canal, (explaining all of the pressure I was feeling and the many trips to the bathroom!), and then discovered I was already 6 cm dilated! So he sent us up to the labor and delivery ward to prepare for the rest of labor.

I was admitted to L&D around 2:30pm, and had Brina at 11:18pm. Active labor was just barely an hour. Luckily for me, the whole labor was very calm and went incredibly smooth. I had 3 great nurses, and of course my doctor was amazing. (He was so great my entire pregnancy, so this was no surprise!) The only worry we had was at the very end when Brina's right shoulder got stuck--but the doc was able to hook his finger under her underarm and pull her out.

Brina was born weighing 6 pounds and 14 ounces, and she was 20 inches long. She really could not be more perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment